Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Kanye West Receives Honorary Doctorate

As a college dropout, Kanye West went on to become one of the biggest hip hop stars of all time, but he still felt like something was missing- until Monday (May 11). The “Black Skinhead” rapper was given an honorary doctorate degree by the School from the Art Institute of Chicago and he also delivered a speech to his fellow graduates.

Kanye shared, “I am a pop artist, so my medium is public opinion, and the world is my canvas. People say you should not be sorry for your opinions… George Bush has some very cool self-portraits. I didn’t know he was an artist.” West continued, “‘I’m sorry’ is something that you can use. It gives you the opportunities to give your opinion, apologize for it, and give it again.”

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites