Saturday, October 10, 2015

Selena Gomez Shares Lupus Struggle

It’s been a long and crazy road for Selena Gomez, and though she’s currently on top of her game, she’s overcome many obstacles to reach the summit. In her interview with Billboard, the “Come and Get It” singer reveals that the actual cause of her career hiatus was undergoing treatment for a serious disease- “I was diagnosed with lupus, and I’ve been through chemotherapy. That’s what my break was really about. I could’ve had a stroke.”

Gomez also notes that it was hard to hear the public speculating about possible drug or alcohol-related issues- “I wanted so badly to say, ‘You guys have no idea. I’m in chemotherapy. You’re a**holes.’ I locked myself away until I was confident and comfortable again. I’m so f*cking nice to everybody, and everyone is so vile to me. I’ve been working since I was 7. I’ve been a UNICEF ambassador since I was 17. It’s so disappointing that I’ve become a tabloid story.”

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites