Thursday, December 25, 2014

AccuSharp 001 Knife Sharpener – $8.43

After reading some review I ended up ordering an Accusharp to see if I could magically improve my inherited collection of dulled knives. Some of these knives had so little edge that they would turn tomatoes into a mushy watery mess on a cutting board.

After a few swipes with the Accusharp I could cut tomatoes into perfect slices, and it took a measly 15-minutes to clean up the edge on almost every knife I own (it even worked on my breadknife!).
The sharpener is a simple device built around two pieces of carbide that form a “V” in a plastic handle that when run along a blade shaves the edge to a sharpened point.

Unlike a whetstone, the carbide pieces will eventually wear away and lose their ability to produce an edge, but the Accusharp is designed so that the carbide can be flipped or replaced. For $8.43, this sharpener was able to rejuvenate most knives in my kitchen. Check It Out Now - AccuSharp 001 Knife Sharpener

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites