Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Jake Gyllenhaal’s “Everest” Criticized By Expedition Survivor

Over the weekend, Jake Gyllenhaal's performance in “Everest” helped it to land in the top five box office films, but one viewer was decidedly not impressed in the least. Jon Krakauer, who survived the ill-fated 1996 expedition to climb Mount Everest and later went on to write a book about it titled “Into Thin Air,” told the Los Angeles times that he has major concerns about the movie adaptation.

Krakauer declared, "It's total bull. Anyone who goes to that movie and wants a fact-based account should read Into Thin Air... People told me, 'Movies never get made. Take the money. What do you have to lose?' I curse myself for selling it (the book rights) at all... Dramatic films take dramatic license, and when you sign a document, you can do whatever you want with me. It wasn't worth the money I got."

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites