Thursday, September 17, 2015

Eva Mendes is Gorgeous on Glam Belleza 2015 Cover

Taking a stand for her fellow Latina actreses, Eva Mendes has some strong opinions in her Fall 2015 cover story for Glam Belleza Latina magazine. The “Hitch” hottie is glad to see that Tinseltown is getting more and more diverse these days- “It’s a great time. I remember reading scripts when I started in the business, nearly 15 years ago, and [Latino roles] were either nonexistent or written as the maid or a drug dealer. We’re no longer just that. I’ll play any part that challenges me. What’s important is that all races have choices.”

Mendes also shared her experience growing up in California with Cuban parents- “We lived in a little Cuban community in Los Angeles around a lot of Latinos. It wasn’t the best area, but it certainly wasn’t the worst. There was a communal feeling. In the summer everyone kept the door open and made their cafecitos and sat on plastic beach chairs until late at night. Also, my father didn’t speak English, still doesn’t, and he demanded that we speak Spanish. And so I grew up with a really heavy Cuban influence, yet I was American. I’m super fortunate to have had the best of both worlds.”

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites