Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Eva Longoria: Yes I Wear Glasses!

She’s the face of a new campaign for Australian discount eyewear brand Specsavers, and Eva Longoria has been accused of faking her need for glasses just to get the gig. Jenna Clarke of the Sydney Morning Herald claimed, “Eva was in town representing a budget eyewear chain, but according to photographers that have been snapping her for close to 15 years, she doesn’t wear spectacles. I’ve only found two photos of her ever spotted wearing glasses outside the house, oh and the few occasions she was seen looking uncomfortable and unsteady wearing a pair around Sydney this week.”

Never one to back down from a fight, Longoria replied to Ms. Clarke with a slew of photos of her bespectacled self along with a fiery letter- “If you had done your journalistic duty (it’s actually not that hard, a more thorough google job, or one phone call to my camp and they could have provided you with the documentation) you would see that I have been wearing READING glasses since May 3 2013. The reason your lazy journalist research of ‘googling’ didn’t turn up pictures of me on the ‘red carpet’ is because I don’t need glasses to see far, only to READ.

So unless you are in bed with me at night, or in the morning at my breakfast table reading the newspaper, then you probably won’t find a ‘paparazzi’ shot of me. And sorry I haven’t worn glasses on a ‘red carpet’ Jenna, but shockingly I am not usually READING a book on the red carpet! So next time you want to write an article calling someone ‘shameful’ why don’t you do your research because that is your responsibility as a ‘journalist’ and the Sydney Morning Herald should hold you to that ‘high’ standard even though you are just the Lifestyle journalist. It sounds like you need some glasses yourself.”

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites