Saturday, August 22, 2015

My Career Didn't Start Until I Got a Divorce

She's one of the most accomplished women in Hollywood, but Olivia Wilde says her career didn't start until she got a divorce. "I got a divorce, and I felt like I finally started my career," the 30-year-old actress explains In the September 2015 issue of ELLE magazine. "For me, personally, it was around 27 when that kind of return to self took place, of living for myself, not living to keep up expectations."

Olivia married Italian filmmaker Tao Ruspoli at just 19 years old. They divorced in March 2011.
After going their separate ways, Olivia says she changed as an actress. "When I was 28, I made this film called 'Drinking Buddies', that I starred in and produced, and we improvised the entire thing, and it was a complete exercise in freedom of expression in making something for only the purpose of making it, not for recognition or money or anything else, and it's still my favorite thing I've ever done," she told the mag. "And for me, that's when my career started. I think I wouldn't have been able to make something as honest without having that kind of personal revolution."

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites