Friday, August 21, 2015

Vanessa Hudgens Reveals Father Has Stage 4 Cancer

She's just finished her Broadway debut in July, and Wednesday night (August 19) Vanessa Hudgens brought her star power to the 2015 Industry Dance Awards and Cancer Benefit Show at Avalon in Hollywood. "The High School" musical hottie wore a backless mustard colored gown and even managed to color coordinate her injured finger's cast with ensemble, as she accepted her award for Breakthrough Performer for her role in Gigi.

Dedicating her acceptance speech Vanessa said, "Last year, my boyfriend, Austin, lost his mom, Lori, to cancer, and my dad has just been recently diagnosed with stage four cancer. Let me tell you, I hate cancer. I hate cancer with every cell of my being." She continued,"This award, it means a lot to me but I dedicate it to my boyfriend's mom, Lori, my dad, and to all the families out there who are struggling with this, because it really takes a strong person and a strong family to be able to help those out who are going through this."

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites